Thursday, December 29, 2016

Yes! So Good!

Such a great practice today everyone. Let's roll this momentum into the second half of the season. So many positives today during the Time Trial.
Energy levels were up even though the sun wasn't;) Warm up loops at dawn as the Powder Bump loomed over us. Big winds curled down and buffeted us at the base, but all that fresh corduroy warmed the soul.
I loved the commitment on the down hill step turn drills! Nothing like laughing at your teammates as their carcass rolls down the hill from a poorly executed step turn. You have to check your pride at the door and go for it.
  
I hope everyone feels better because you looked better. Can I dare say we looked like a ski team today;)

Thanks everyone! I'm still smirking and holding back laughs when I think of Mitchell's step turn run thing and all snow clad skiers picking themselves off the deck. You guys are awesome.

I'm checking out till Tuesday. Need to get my real snow fix! Peggy will be sending out e-mails regarding practices, maybe Friday and Monday. Make time to get out and ski at Riverside (man made loop) or the Northloop. Don't lose the gains you've made.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment