Friday, January 3, 2014

Can you Camus?

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."
-Albert Camus

Which is easy for him to say, since French winters are much milder than Minnesota winters.

News:
-The next scheduled meet in Mora, on Tuesday, 1/14... is uncertain. Since the MSHSL rules forbids competition at -4F, it seems unlikely they will host despite Lance's optimism.
-If you're coming to Mesabi, we need a check for $60. If you bring it on Tuesday, you will be rewarded with a high-five and an enthusiastic grin. We absolutely need it from you no later than Thursday, but you will be met with a reproachful look. You will miss almost the entire day of school on Friday. Tell your teachers.



Since I do what I can to keep these posts as hep, up-to-speed, and culturally relevant as possible, it's about time we had a numbered list:"

The top ten variations of Camus' "In the depth of winter..." quote elucidating possible pastimes or musings for statewide school closings due to cold

1. "In the depth of winter, I melted wax onto the bottoms of all of my skis."

2. "In the depth of winter, I made every effort to stay inside."

3. "In the depth of winter, I finally learned chemistry."

4. "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay within me a digestive tract, which is pretty cool if you think about it."

5. "In the depth of winter, I checked my weather app and then ran on the treadmill for 45 minutes."

6. "In the depth of winter, I remembered to brush my teeth at least twice daily."

7. "In the depth of winter, I did fifty pull-ups in one day because my lats were hankering for a workout."

8. "In the depth of winter, I forgot to finish writing my top-ten list."

9. "In the depth of winter, I referenced the Okee-Dokee Brothers in the title of a blog post that aggressively stretched a French philosopher's relevance to Nordic skiing."

No comments:

Post a Comment