Friday, February 1, 2013

Ice Cream with a Touch of Snow

Just thought I throw a few words out after our little social gathering.
Starting with a special thanks to that amazing assistant coach of yours, Sheila, for doing all the leg work, getting the ice cream and making today happen. Along with Jessica Neal for some of the sweets and being the ice cream bar bouncer.
Thank you team for getting out on the skis today! It was truly a winter wonderland, I hope you took a moment to soak it up while you were on the skis. Nothing better than silent skis slicing through new snow and the sting of giant snowflakes melting on your cheeks, truly paradise below zero.

I want everyone to reflect on their season and skiing career here at Tech. Ask yourself "how do I want to end it?" Sitting in the shelter playing on your phone or having no regrets knowing you gave it everything you had! For many on this team next week is it. Lets finish with everything you have. Lets put it all out there this last week. Make sure to rest, eat healthy, stay hydrated, all that jazz, (you've heard me repeat over and over) the rest of the weekend because it's the little things that add up to make the biggest difference.
It was just Mr. Prefontaine's birthday and I read an inspiration quote from him yesterday "to give anything less then your best is to sacrifice the gift." (look him up if you're not a tracky)
I'm not looking to give a big rah, rah speech here just some self reflection. I've never needed others to motivate me in the racing arena so I'm not entirely sure what to even say. Just find that inner drive, nothing motivates like performing your best.

Plan to success this weekend:
Saturday: 1 lap of the orchard to warm up, followed by 1 lap hilltop, hit a few of the hills with some pop and ski easy the remainder. Try to keep it to an hour nothing more than an hour and a half!

SuperBowl Sunday: Classic ski; 30min. Think technique, beautiful strides.

Monday waxing: I only want to see the section team. We have a lot to do and I want it to be smooth and efficient. If at all possible a short ski of 20-30 min after practice on your rock skis.
It's an open practice for everyone else, head to riverside and ski.

Tuesday: SECTIONS

No comments:

Post a Comment